Patricia Field for Myer Australia : Destination Style : New York

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Default Patricia Field for Myer Australia : Destination Style : New York

Department store Myer is looking to leverage their massive celebrity appeal with Australian women by penning a deal to stock a one-off collection by Sex and the City's costume designer, Patricia Field.

The 40-piece collection will be sold in all 65 Myer stores nationally, from October 18.

Myer said the collection, known as "Destination Style New York", captured the essence of the style guru's fashion world, as seen in Sex and the City, The Devil Wears Prada, Ugly Betty and Cashmere Mafia.

Coinciding with the release of the much-hyped film, Myer director of apparel Judy Coomber said the launch of the collection would be good publicity for the retailer.

"Obviously 2008 is the perfect time to secure this once-in-a-lifetime deal given the excitement and anticipation with the international release of the Sex and the City movie," Ms Coomber said.

"It was just perfect timing for us ... and perfect publicity."

Ms Coomber said the launch in October, in which dresses would feature prominently, was also perfect timing for the important racing carnival period, when women tended to spend big on frocking-up.

"Our team right now is in Hong Kong on a buying trip," she said.

"The collection will feature "the dress"."

She said there would be "wow pieces", as well as accessories such as gloves and belts.

Ms Field has previously told fashion magazine Vogue Australia she was pleased her clothing line would be available in Australia.

"I love that my clothes will be available in Australia, and just in time for your Spring Racing Carnival," she said.

"I've heard a lot about that, it sounds fabulous!"

Myer is not the only retailer to try and leverage celebrity appeal.

Stores like Target have brought to the broader market the collections of designers such as Stella McCartney, Josh Goot, New York's Zac Posen and local designer Collette Dinnigan.

The 2007 launch of the Stella McCartney range, exclusive to Target, was sold out in several metropolitan stores within 10 minutes.

However, Ms Coomber said this was not Myer's answer to Target's hugely successful push.

"We don't normally feature one designer," Ms Coomber said.

"We have long term relationships with specific designers ... but this one-off chance was too hard to pass."

She would not reveal the cost of the current "Three weeks in New York" Myer campaign, but said it was a significant investment since the collection would be available across the country.

Hidden Content

Kemarin pas ke Bondi Junction, sempet ke Myer dan lihat2 koleksinya. Tapi belom sempet nyobaiin. Dari yang aku liat sih lebih ke Patriciaque daripada ke SATC. I mean when I see her in photos or tvs, it is exactly the same style. Even tho I did find some pieces that resembles the clothes that were worn by SATC character. Like for instance that famous big flower dress as the opening act on the movie--just in different color. And the green flower dress. Also, I don't know why she only make one piece for the Office collection and why it has to be so darn sexy? Imagine if I wear that to the office? Hidden Content So and so, I have to put it on first to know how it feels and falls on my body. Let's just hope she didn't make the size tad small.

Here's some photos for you to look. Enjoy!

Please resize the images. Thanks -Modz-

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Patricia Field for Myer Australia : Destination Style : New York

cakep2 dehh Hidden Content
    gw suka trench coat yang dipake model afrika itu! keyennHidden Content

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

belindawang harganya lumayan juga loh. makanya jadi mikir2 lagi nih kalo mau beli.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lumayan apa ya miss_chinoscuro? lumayan mahal?

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

belindawang iah, lumayan mahal maksud aku. hehehe...maaf gak jelas tadi. dress starts from $200 AU and up.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

bener2 lagi in banget ya designer ngeluarin collection buat dpt. store ituh... Hidden Content
    kapan dept. store disini juga punya ide ikutan ya...biyan for matahari misalnya Hidden Content

anyway...i love deluxe party collectionnya..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

printsnya seru! tapi party banget ya baju2nya..
    fashion blog: www.chekkacuomova.com
    styling portfolio: www.chekka-portfolio.com

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

miss_chino: gw uda nebak hihihiHidden Content

missplatform: hihihi boleh juga tuh biyan for matahariHidden Content

Permanent Resident sweet_lavender's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

miss_c.., wahh.., bgs2 ya collectionnya.., itu ada di myer city ya..?
    ~ ♥♥♪♥♫◦°°◦°°◦♫♥♪ ~

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

sweet lavender di myer city ada. di myer bondi junction juga ada.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

miss C mahal jg yah kalo misalnya AUD200 +++++
    tunggu dec sale aja deh..hehehehe.. *** pelita mode ***

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

wah gue belom cek di MYER... hehehe
    mustinya di Melbourne juga ada lah yaa... kan nationally wide kan??

thx for the info miss chino Hidden Content