Treatment Skincare Tips from the Skincare Scientists
    Mentioned
    839 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Skincare Tips from the Skincare Scientists

This thread is to post tips from skincare scientists - people who are trained in skincare science and/or whose job is to do scientific research about skincare.

When you post, please always give credit where it's due (i.e. always mention the source!)

I was inspired to create this thread by the Q&A below. It is so refreshing to find sensible answers devoid of hype. I specifically put it here because it's not brand-centric and could be applied to the use of any brand.

Hidden Content
    Corallista Interview with Hiroko Watanabe from the Shiseido Shiseido Research Center in Japan
    Excerpts:
    Q: Are more expensive products better in terms of their ingredients and the efficacy of these ingredients?
    A: Not really. Most of the time, the difference in price between 2 products is because of the packaging. There might be a difference between the concentration of ingredients used in the formula but more often than not – it is the packaging that causes the price bump.

---

Q: What is the ideal time to start an anti-ageing skincare routine?
    A: 35 is a good age to start looking into anti-ageing products.

---

Q: What are your thoughts on scrubs and exfoliants? I rarely see them in Japanese skincare, why is it so?
    A: The Japanese have very sensitive skin and are very careful to not use anything that might aggravate the skin. Scrubs and exfoliants are rarely seen in Japanese skincare as they are too harsh and cause redness and bumps on the skin. If your skin can tolerate it, you can use them but limit their use to a few times a week. Its also preferable to use scrubs with very gentle exfoliating particles.

More here: Hidden Content

Newcomer
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Skincare Tips from the Skincare Scientists

this is really a nice information, thank you udah share yah sist, terkadang kalau lagi malas keluar rumah atau buat ke klinik kecantikan kita mau gak mau yah harus bisa merawat wajah kita sendiri, terutama dalam merawat wajah yang berjerawat dan berminyak yang menjadi masalah wajah sehari hari. thankss yahh sist